Tuesday, December 23, 2008
I hope I live next door to an old man.
I hope I remember to ask him to go for walks with me.
We can hold hands and laugh like kids, knowing we're making all the young saps cry.
It'll be awesome.
Monday, December 22, 2008
- Finally buying plant stands yesterday for Frick and Frack, the two ferns that hang on my porch in the summer. The plant stands enabled me to move the ferns out of the bathtub, where they had been living since the first freeze. Because I'm lazy.
- Realizing that I don't really like Pumpkin Bread, and I only got good at making it because James liked it so much.
- Realizing that I never have to make Pumpkin Bread again.
- Not smelling like smoke. That's a good thing, no?
- Steady employment, even if the bonuses are on hold this year.
I'll get less bitter over time. I'm trying very hard to stay in the middle, because my options at this point seem to be Sad Sack or Bitter Shrew. I don't like either one of those, so I'm sort of being a Sad Shrew. It'll get better.
This too shall pass.